Friday, October 23, 2009

"Truly Terrifying Fashion...Rodent Taxidermy Jewelry"

When I opened this link from my Google Reader this morning, I 'bout crapped myself when this popped up:

Needless to say, it caught my attention and I had to read more.  Was artist, Reid Pappard, killing cutie rodents for the sake of macabre fashion?  According to his website, the answer is no.  The animals used in his accessory line were those that had died of natural causes or scraped up as road kill.  In the disclaimer, the statement is made that every attempt is made to use as much of the animal as possible, both for the accessory line and as recycled food for other animals.  So really, I guess you can say he's being green?  For more disturbing pictures and a link to Pappard's website, check out the full article here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see that comb in your hair.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. Don't promote your own shit here. Spam will be deleted.