Friday, October 23, 2009

20 Lamest Horror Movie Villains

I love lists related to the horror genre.  When Bravo TV has their 100 Scariest Movie Moments, I stop whatever I'm doing and watch, even though I've seen that show a million and one times.  When I saw the link for From Jigsaw to Leprechaun: Horror Movies' Lamest Villains, of course I had to click and see which ones they'd mention.  I was thinking I'd get a few good laughs, but really, I disagreed with most of the picks.


The title of the article is 'Horror Movies', so naturally you'd think it would focus on that genre.  Yeah, not so much.  Three of the movies/characters listed were the Aliens from "Mars Attacks!", George Hamilton's Dracula in "Love At First Bite", and Gina Davis' vampire Odette in "Transylvania 6-5000".  I mean, c'mon, of course those will seem lame if compared to Freddy Krueger!  Those movies could be called comedy or sci-fi but they most certainly cannot be called horror movies. 





Next, we've got the villains that are silly/tongue-in-cheek, but lame?  Nah, I wouldn't call them lame.  "Gingerdead Man", "Critters", "Killer Clowns From Outerspace", "Jack Frost" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" are not lame.  The little Irish terror from "Leprechaun" and Chucky from "Child's Play" are not lame.  They're damn awesome.  What we have is really more satire than pure horror.  I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will tell me if that's the case, but those characters and their movies were created with the understanding that yeah, they're kind of dumb, but so much fun.  These movies are taking everyday, common items (with the exception being the alien furballs from "Critters") and make them want to kill you for no good reason.  Critters that terrorize hicks and chew out Billy Zane's guts?  Gary Busey as a homicidal gingerbread cookie guy?  That's just plain entertaining. 

Jigsaw from the "Saw" movies is also listed.  I'm sort of on the fence with this one.  If we're solely looking at the original "Saw" movie, he was freaking scary and deserves to be nowhere on this list!  However, as this dead horse of a series has been kicked repeatedly, he's lost a little of his terrifying flair.  So I'll give a little on this one, but only a little.

As for the rest of the villains on this list, well, I can go either way with them.  I'll let you check them out and you can make up your own mind. 
--Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Don't promote your own shit here. Spam will be deleted.